Monday, June 25, 2012

FOR THE LOVE OF PUMPKINS!


All you faithfull followers know how much I adore pumpkins! (I've loved 'em since I was a kid!) And as much as I love those plump, little cuties..... I also love paint! So here's another project idea....

Painting gourds has been a folk art favourite for centuries, so I'm not sure that this really qualifies as innovative, but it sure is fun and easy! Here are some fab-u-lous ideas from our friends at HGTV.

For the elegant Halloween, white pumpkins and soft pastel/shabby chic pumpkins have been all the range for several years now. As for the spooky version, do a little graphic black and white treatment..... a cat, spider, moon, (etc.) stencil will always do the trick. (Soooooooo easy!)

Oh, not much of a painter? You can always dust it with sparkles! (Never a bad idea.)